Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

When eating becomes research....sort of.

German Villa, a banquet facility in Vermilion (between Cleveland and Sandusky), had an interesting event the other day. For $12 bucks, you could get yourself an all-you-can-eat dinner.

This wasn't at all a bad deal, especially since they had chicken, turkey, ham, sausage, roast beef, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, broccoli medley, beets and pineapple, bread rolls, stuffed cabbage rolls, paprikash, chicken wings, dips and crackers, little meatballs, fried green beans, fried mushrooms, some Italian cheese thing, wedding cake and other things.

In short, all the things they can serve at your wedding, if you ever so chose to have it there.

I actually am getting married this year...just not there (it is a good place - my brother married there).

And, truth be told, I think I have a pretty good idea of what will be served at the wedding (more or less).

So why go to such an event that doesn't really help my wedding plans in the long run?

Well, because they had chicken, turkey, ham, sausage, roast beef, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, broccoli medley, beets and pineapple, bread rolls, stuffed cabbage rolls, paprikash, chicken wings, dips and crackers, little meatballs, fried green beans, fried mushrooms, some Italian cheese thing, wedding cake and other things....

...for12 bucks!

$12!!

My appetizer plate consisted of...



...wings, fried green beans, meatballs and dips.

Then I really packed it in with...



...ham, roast beef, more ham, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, sweet potato fries, stuffed cabbage, that Italian thing and green beans (there may be things hiding underneath too!).

But I loved the appetizer table...



...so I got a second plate.



And I got cake.

Interestingly enough, dessert is the one thing I haven't really decided on (at least for one of the two locations for the celebration).

But I'm game to keep trying stuff until I decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment