Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

Tick Tock...

Oh...the Christmas holidays are about done with New Year's Eve underway. And, although I told myself to avoid the mass amounts of cookies, pies, cakes, and various other desserts, I did not.

In fact, I've eaten plenty of cookies, pies, cakes, and various other desserts.

On Christmas Eve, I've allowed other moral codes to be fried to a golden crisp as Catholic perch (named so because the hosts of the parties did not allow meat to be served) covered the plates of THREE events that I attended.
Allow me to say that the first event was oven-baked, the second I didn't eat from, and the third...well...I didn't eat the fried perch...but I did make myself a fried oyster po-boy with coleslaw, mayo, salt and pepper.

Then there was my birthday cake, other cookies, my cousin's homemade chocolate-covered goodies, alcohol, and who knows what else?

Only a deeper hole for myself to get out from.

So I've decided to be super strict with myself for January and beyond, taking on the P90X challenge once more and remaining attentive to everything I eat and drink.

At the beginning of this challenge, I shall weigh myself and report it (gasp!) on this blog. Then, weekly, I'll give updates with dish ideas I've come up with, obstacles, and possible braggings about my accomplishments.

So, until that time, I'll try not to overdo it...even with that homemade pecan pie downstairs calling out my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment